Company A declared a batch of imported goods. During the on-site inspection, the customs staff of Ocean Freight Services found that the wooden packaging of the goods had not been declared and had no IPPC logo. It was verified by the customs that the undeclared behavior was caused by the staff of Company B (the inspection-declaring enterprise) who did not seriously verify the documents and the true conditions of the goods submitted by Company A. Therefore, the wooden packaging without the special IPPC logo was approved for destruction, and Company B was punished accordingly.
Questions and comments: What is the IPPC special logo?
International Plant Protection Convention "International Plant Protection Convention", referred to as IPPC. The International Plant Protection Convention is a convention used to protect plant species and prevent plant and plant product pests from spreading internationally. Its new revised text was completed in Rome in 1999 by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. my country has implemented this international standard since 2006.
As a common transport packaging, wood packaging is widely used in the import and export trade. Because it is manufactured with wood as raw materials, wooden packaging is also an important carrier and transmission medium for forest pests in international trade. Once the invasion of foreign species occurs, it will inevitably cause great harm to ecological safety, forestry safety and people's lives and health.
The IPPC special mark is used to identify wood packaging that meets the IPPC standard, indicating that the wood packaging has been processed in accordance with the IPPC quarantine standard. Since wood packaging in international trade involves many types of goods and related companies, the batches are large, and the implementation of quarantine and issuance of certificates for each batch of wood packaging in accordance with conventional quarantine practices will consume a lot of administrative resources.
For this reason, IPPC member states have finally reached the No. 15 International Standard for Phytosanitary Measures, the International Standard for Wood Packaging Quarantine Measures. As long as the wood packaging in international trade has undergone standardized pest control treatment and labeling, it is no longer necessary to Each batch of wooden packaging is subject to quarantine and certification; each member country recognizes each other's logo, and only the IPPC logo is checked when entering the country, and there is no need to check the phytosanitary certificate. The prerequisite for the IPPC logo on the wooden packaging is to perform fumigation or heat treatment according to the standard to make it comply with the regulations of the International Standards Organization. This quarantine treatment process can prevent harmful organisms from spreading and spreading with plants and plant products, ensuring global agricultural security.
Therefore, if the imported wood packaging does not have the IPPC mark or the IPPC mark does not meet the requirements, it does not meet the access conditions stipulated by Chinese law.
Entry wooden packaging: should it be declared to the customs?
Wooden packaging refers to the wooden materials used to carry, pack, bedding, supporting, and strengthening goods, such as wooden crates, wooden crates, wooden pallets, wooden frames, wooden barrels, wooden shafts, wooden wedges, skids, sleepers, linings Wait.
The “Implementation Regulations of the Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law” stipulates that the owner or his agent shall promptly report to the port animal and plant quarantine office for the containers, packaging, and bedding materials that carry animals and plants, animal and plant products and other quarantine objects. The "Measures for the Supervision and Administration of the Quarantine of Imported Goods Wooden Packaging" stipulates that if the imported goods use wooden packaging, the owner or his agent shall report to the customs for inspection.
Therefore, it is a compulsory obligation for enterprises to declare imported wooden packaging to the customs. In this case, failure to declare imported wooden packaging constituted an illegal act.
How should the wooden packaging used for imported goods be supervised?
The "Measures for the Supervision and Administration of the Quarantine of Imported Goods Wooden Packaging" stipulates that if the imported goods use wooden packaging, the owner or his agent shall report to the customs for inspection. The customs shall deal with it according to the following conditions:
(1) The wood packaging that has been marked with the IPPC special mark shall be randomly inspected and quarantined according to the regulations. If no live pests are found, they shall be immediately released; if live pests are found, the owner or his agent shall supervise the owner of the wood packaging to eliminate the damage deal with.
(2) For wood packaging that has not been affixed with the IPPC special mark, the wood packaging shall be treated or destroyed under the supervision of the customs.
(3) If it is impossible to determine whether the wooden packaging is marked with the special IPPC mark when applying for inspection, the customs shall conduct random inspections and quarantine according to regulations. If it is confirmed by random inspection that the wooden packaging has been marked with the special IPPC mark and no live pests are found, it shall be released; if live pests are found, the owner or his agent shall supervise the cargo owner or his agent to carry out the de-hazard treatment of the wood packaging; the wood packaging is found after random inspections If the IPPC special mark is not applied, the wood packaging shall be treated with detoxification or destruction.
(4) Those who fail to report for inspection but are found to use wooden packaging through random inspections shall be dealt with in accordance with relevant regulations, and administrative penalties shall be imposed in accordance with relevant regulations.
(5) If the violation of wooden packaging is serious, after reporting to the General Administration of Customs for approval, supervise the owner or his agent to return the goods together with the goods.
In this case, after customs investigation and verification, the undeclared imported wooden packaging does not have an IPPC special mark, and the customs has the right to destroy it according to law.
Customs reminder: At present, the wooden packaging of inbound and outbound goods is an important carrier and transmission medium of forest pests in international trade. The customs declaration form has specially set up "Packaging Type" and "Other Packaging" columns for this purpose. The consignee and inspection declaration enterprise must fully understand the importance of accurately filling in the wooden packaging information, truthfully provide true information, truthfully fill in the report, and focus on verifying entry Whether the wooden packaging is marked with the IPPC special mark. At the same time, for goods that need to be quarantined with wooden packaging, except in special circumstances, without the consent of the customs, they shall not be unloaded from the means of transport, transported, dismantled, or abandoned without the consent of the customs.
● What Is Commercial Invoice Meaning?Sep 23,2022
● What Are Shipping Terms?Sep 22,2022
● What Is International Shipping Meaning and International Shipping Process?Sep 20,2022
● What Is The Difference Between Formal Entry And Informal Entry?Sep 20,2022
● The-World-is-in-an-order-shortage-orders-from-many-exporting-countries-have-fallen-off-a-cliffAug 24,2022