According to news on October 29, following the failure to implement the 24-hour work system, Ocean freight services in major US ports began to take new measures to solve the congestion problem. Recently, the two busiest ports in the United States, the Port of Los Angeles and the Port of Long Beach, announced that they will charge container detention fees from November 1 to improve the problem of container detention.
According to the rules, for containers transported by trucks and railroads that stay in the port for 9 days or more, the detention fee will be charged. Each container will be charged USD 100 per day of detention, and the relevant expenses will be borne by the carrier.
● What Services Are Mainly Provided by China Freight ForwardersAug 05,2022
● What Is Causing Global Shipping Delays?Sep 06,2022
● What is the meaning of double clearing by sea from China to the USA?Sep 06,2022
● US suspends 26 flights operated by Chinese carriersAug 29,2022
● What Is EXW Shipping？Aug 26,2022