Container transportation has become the most convenient and efficient transportation method today. At the same time, we have seen an endless stream of shipping accidents caused by misdeclaring and omitting dangerous goods.
Various shipping companies have shown high liquidated damages, calling for self-discipline in the industry, with only one purpose: to ensure the safety of ships and goods, and to protect the interests of customers. However, it is far from enough to rely on the deterrence of penalties and subsequent review. In all aspects of goods production, warehousing, booking, packing, and transportation, practitioners (including customers and agents) need to be aware of SOLARS and IMDG CODE regulations. A clear understanding, and a clear understanding of the characteristics of the transported cargo.
Now, we will introduce "MSDS" and "battery", which is the most important product name in the inspection.
1. How to correctly understand the relevant characteristics of the goods?
By checking the MSDS data of the goods, we can understand the characteristics of the goods and minimize the risk index. The full name of MSDS is Material Safety Data Sheet (Material Safety Data Sheet), which is called chemical safety information card internationally. , reactivity, etc.) and possible hazards to the health of the user (eg, carcinogenic, teratogenic, etc.). MSDS contains 16 items of basic information, none of which is indispensable. Before providing the information, you can check whether the following information is complete.
Generally, the goods that need to check MSDS include batteries, chemicals, etc. In addition to identifying dangerous goods and non-dangerous goods, MSDS can also identify and confirm the special stowage of some special goods.
When reviewing MSDS, the following basic elements are generally required:
2. Popularize battery products for everyone
1. Non-hazardous batteries that do not need to provide an MSDS check:
It can be regarded as non-dangerous goods, and there is no need to declare dangerous goods, and no need to submit them for review.
So in addition to the above non-hazardous batteries, which are more common and need to provide MSDS and cargo transportation condition appraisal certificate check to determine the appropriate stowage battery?
2. Non-hazardous batteries that need to be checked by MSDS:
(1) Lithium battery: MSDS and the special clause SP188 of the IMDG Code must be provided before it can be collected as a general product.
(2) Lead-acid battery: MSDS and compliance with the special clause SP238 of the IMDG Code are required before they can be collected as a general product.
(3) Ni-MH battery: MSDS and photos of the packaging of the goods are required to confirm whether it can be collected as a general product. Please indicate the shipping form when applying.
After the above introduction, I believe you have a deeper understanding of MSDS and batteries. The safety characteristics of the goods play an important role in indicating the ship's transportation. Only by properly arranging the loading of the containers can the goods be shipped safely.
● What Is Commercial Invoice Meaning?Sep 23,2022
● What Are Shipping Terms?Sep 22,2022
● What Is International Shipping Meaning and International Shipping Process?Sep 20,2022
● What Is The Difference Between Formal Entry And Informal Entry?Sep 20,2022
● The-World-is-in-an-order-shortage-orders-from-many-exporting-countries-have-fallen-off-a-cliffAug 24,2022