Most companies in the world need air freight services, and the advantages of air freight are very obvious, which can quickly deliver goods to your customers. Not all goods can be transported by air, and some contraband items are not allowed on the plane.
1. Items that threaten air flight safety refer to items or substances that may obviously endanger personal health, and safety or cause damage to property during air transportation.
There are mainly the following categories:
(1) Explosives: such as fireworks, detonating fuzes, etc.;
(2) Gas: such as compressed gas, dry ice, fire extinguisher, gas cylinder (no discharge device, can not be re-inflated), life-saving device (automatic expansion), etc.;
(3) Flammable liquids: such as paint, gasoline, alcohol, motor oil, camphor oil, engine starting fluid, turpentine, Tianna water, thinner, etc.;
(4) Flammable solids: spontaneous combustion substances, substances that release flammable gases in contact with water, such as activated carbon, titanium powder, copra, castor products, rubber scraps, safety matches (box-wiped or sheet-wiped), dry white phosphorus, dry yellow phosphorus, magnesium powder, etc.;
(5) Oxidants and organic peroxides: such as potassium permanganate, and resin preparations;
(6) Toxic and infectious substances: such as pesticides, herbicides, arsenic, cyanide, tear gas, viruses, bacteria (which can infect humans and animals), instruments for radioactive substances; radioisotopes for research.
(7) Radioactive substances;
(8) Corrosive products: such as alkaline battery fluid, mercury-containing thermometers, metallic mercury, and barometers.
(9) Products containing strong magnetism such as magnets and magnetic steel without degaussing protective packaging. Magnetic materials, material preservatives, formaldehyde.
2. Any drug. (Some special medicines such as powder medicines, etc.)
3. Other prohibited items by air, such as powder items (no matter what color), liquid (no matter what kind of packaging is used), goods with danger signs, audio and video products (including CD, VCD), table tennis, cooking oil, knives, durians, gas lighters, any goods (including toys) involving the concept of "weapons" and "guns", etc.
Note: Having said that, it doesn't mean you can't ship any of these items by air.
However, you must go through the inspection and customs clearance procedures in advance in accordance with the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
The key is to ensure that the goods are properly packed. And provide the required documents (MSDS, chemical test report, DGM, UN 38.3, etc.) for verification before booking.
● What Is Commercial Invoice Meaning?Sep 23,2022
● What Are Shipping Terms?Sep 22,2022
● What Is International Shipping Meaning and International Shipping Process?Sep 20,2022
● What Is The Difference Between Formal Entry And Informal Entry?Sep 20,2022
● The-World-is-in-an-order-shortage-orders-from-many-exporting-countries-have-fallen-off-a-cliffAug 24,2022