Carbon emissions are a leading cause of the climate crisis and the repercussions we face today. Many industries are looking for ways to reduce emissions to slow down the damage made to the environment.
When it comes to logistics, shipping emits a high volume of black carbon affecting the carbon dioxide in the air.
Airsupply always strives to achieve more positive impacts in all fields of our activities - and in this respect also in the sustainability for the environment.
Now we can offer you the unique possibility to handle your transports on all carriers on a CO2 - neutral basis.
In this article, you will learn what carbon-neutral shipping is, why it’s important, and how you can reduce carbon emissions from shipping.
“Carbon-neutral” refers to practices that put a net zero amount of greenhouse gases (such as carbon dioxide or methane) into the atmosphere, when executed properly, produce a net zero amount of carbon dioxide.
Carbon-neutral shipping aims to reduce the carbon footprint associated with shipping packages, as the transportation sector is a major contributor to carbon dioxide levels.
As you probably know, there’s currently no way to totally eliminate carbon emissions from shipping, as most of the transportation industry still relies on fossil fuels. However, there are some simple steps that any business can take to move in the direction of carbon neutrality and reduce their carbon footprint in a meaningful way.
For companies, there are many advantages associated with environmental protection and achieving carbon neutral operations. Firstly, sustainable business operations leads to long-term success.
Since environmental protection is extremely attractive to customers, employees, stakeholders and general society, the company can increase its reputation on a large scale. Furthermore, sustainable measures can also reduce costs by using less resources and saving energy.
However, it is also important to mention that the possibilities of the service industry to become carbon neutral are also limited to a certain degree.
Logistics service providers rely on many different stakeholders, such as carriers, industry partners or politics, who also have to engage in this topic within their certain fields. Only with a holistic approach and everyone’s cooperation can carbon neutrality be achieved.
Although it is inevitable that we will have an impact on our environment, there are ways to reduce the negative impact, for example, taking measures in logistics areas, one of the areas that generates the most emissions.
Here are different ways your business can reduce carbon emissions during the fulfillment and shipping process.
● Give priority to use green and sustainable logistics company. Some of these measures are to optimize routes, promote the use of ecological vehicles on those routes, or through packaging that helps reduce CO2 emissions during transport.
● Analyze and evaluate shipping routes for ways to reduce fuel consumption, idle time and other wasteful practices that increase carbon footprint. Consider consolidated shipping practices such as using third-party LTL carriers.
● Determine if your packaging includes unnecessary materials and find out whether your packaging could be replaced with green materials or custom- designed packaging that cuts out waste.
● Uses recyclable plastic pallets and returnable transport containers. It is recommended that plastic packaging be manufactured following an ecological philosophy and applying sustainable measures. This means that they should be recyclable and reusable, since there are many advantages they offer, both for storage and for transporting products.
● Distributing your inventory across multiple fulfillment centers can help not only reduce shipping costs while speeding up transit times, but it can also reduce carbon emissions. When you split inventory across locations, the distribution center closest to where the customer lives will pick, pack, and ship the order.
Since our beginnings, at Airsupply we have always had two clear objectives. First, to offer an efficient product to our customers and second, to follow a philosophy focused on sustainability that allows us to reduce our carbon footprint and take better care of our environment. To achieve this, we have decided to join forces and bet on constant innovation to become a benchmark in green and sustainable logistics.
These are some measures that we have adopted throughout our history and in which we continue to advance:
● The circular economy. With this organizational philosophy, the aim is to end the linear economy that prevailed until now focused on producing, using, and disposing of to move towards a more circular model, based on recycling, reducing waste and transforming waste into resources. In this way, we increase the useful life of the product, optimize the stocks, and flows of materials, energy and waste, achieving greater efficiency in the use of resources.
● Using reusable pallets, 100% recycled and 100% recyclable, by reusing and recycling our plastic pallets we can save energy, reduce the need for landfills, save natural resources and protect the environment in a sustainable way.
● Be committed to environmental quality. Airsupply’s goal is to continue to improve ourselves, working in this sense to advance in sustainability, innovate in new environmental plans that allow us to increase our accreditations, but, above all, that allows us to maintain the trust and satisfaction deposited by our users.
Fortunately, the current social and business trend is aimed at increasing our environmental awareness and commitment, carrying out measures that are increasingly sustainable and beneficial for our planet.
For this reason, at Airsupply, we have always been highly aware of and committed to caring for the environment, striving to emit fewer polluting gases and reduce our carbon footprint through the application of actions that favor recycling and reuse of products.
Are you ready to take on the challenge of reducing your company's logistics carbon footprint?
● What Is Commercial Invoice Meaning?Sep 23,2022
● What Are Shipping Terms?Sep 22,2022
● What Is International Shipping Meaning and International Shipping Process?Sep 20,2022
● What Is The Difference Between Formal Entry And Informal Entry?Sep 20,2022
● The-World-is-in-an-order-shortage-orders-from-many-exporting-countries-have-fallen-off-a-cliffAug 24,2022